This blog post was written by Tea Susnjar from Caelor.
In today’s business landscape, timely knowledge sharing and effective teamwork are a must.
All-hand meetings were effective when everyone worked in the same office. But what about today – when excessive meetings, emails, and synchronous communication, once key to managing operations, no longer seem to be sustainable? Async communication and the hybrid work style became standards that can’t be ignored or overlooked. And this new work model comes with its own set of challenges.
So how do you reconcile your team’s expectations of a flexible workplace with the efficient communication and teamwork required to complete a project successfully?
The answer lies in finding the right intranet solution that suits both your team and your specific needs.
As a Confluence admin, you’re constantly in pursuit of the latest apps and tools that can boost productivity and enhance effective teamwork. Traditionally, intranets have provided a reliable solution to these problems. However, many teams have moved on from them, mostly because they could not keep up with modern workplace trends and become outdated and unproductive distractions everyone prefers to avoid.
Nevertheless, intranets continue to play a crucial role in the async, modern workplace. Building a successful intranet requires creating a cutting-edge, engaging, and user-friendly platform that appeals to your team on a true level. But you also need to take into account things like scalability, cost-effectiveness, and setup time.
Read on to find out how to build the Confluence Cloud intranet solution that aligns perfectly with your company’s requirements and your team’s unique characteristics.
What is covered in this blog post:
- Why do intranets fail?
- Not the intranet you used to know
- Benefits of a Confluence Cloud-based intranet
- Cosmos – Intranet for Confluence: Your gateway to enhanced teamwork and knowledge sharing
- Time to wrap it up
Why do intranets fail?
Even though intranets have been around for years, they still have several challenges that businesses need to overcome. In addition to their limited ability to accommodate the needs of both business owners and teams (usually favoring one side over the other), traditional intranets come with other drawbacks. Here are a few examples:
- Maintenance costs: Traditional intranets require regular maintenance and updates, which can be time-consuming and costly. Companies need to hire IT staff to ensure the intranet runs smoothly, which can add to the overall cost.
- Limited accessibility: Traditional intranets are typically only accessible from within the company’s network. This can make it difficult for employees to access the intranet when working remotely, limiting the ability to collaborate and share knowledge.
- Lack of scalability: As companies grow and their needs change, traditional intranets may need help to keep up. They also may not scale well, and companies often need to invest in additional software and tools to accommodate growth.
- Time-consuming setup: The complex technical requirements of common intranets often come with a time-consuming setup process. This involves a lot of work, such as setting up user permissions and security and integrating the intranet with existing systems and databases.
- Difficulties finding information: Content-repository-only intranets are usually over-cluttered and contain overwhelming information. Outcome? Busy employees typically give up on using them and, instead, look for information from alternative sources.
Not the intranet you used to know
The term intranet may raise a few eyebrows because it sounds like an outdated buzzword. However, it is still a solution that can help companies strike a balance between the benefits of a flexible workplace and the need for effective communication and collaboration.
Having a modern, Confluence cloud-based intranet is essential in today’s fast-changing workplace. With an intranet, companies can establish a centralized platform for internal communication, knowledge sharing, and collaboration, regardless of where their employees are and their work schedules. And most importantly, a platform that helps get things done. By adopting modern intranet solutions (now available for free on the Atlassian Marketplace), companies can ensure that their teams stay connected and informed while maintaining productivity and efficiency, even in a hybrid work environment.
The modern Confluence Cloud-based intranet is not the intranet you used to know, but rather a solution that empowers businesses to stay ahead of the curve and remain competitive in the modern workplace.
Benefits of a Confluence Cloud-based intranet
Confluence Cloud-based intranet overcomes traditional challenges by providing a fully managed, user and installation-friendly solution. Here’s how:
- Maintenance costs: A Confluence Cloud-based intranet is a fully-managed solution, which is regularly updated by the Atlassian Marketplace partner. Updates are automatically rolled out to users, ensuring they always have access to the latest features and versions.
- Product adoption: Adding the apps available on the Atlassian Marketplace to the current Confluence subscription (instead of buying a separate, non-Confluence-based intranet solution) will help you improve the adoption of the Atlassian products you already use and pay for.
- Accessibility: Cloud-based intranet solutions can be accessed from anywhere with an internet connection. This makes it easy for employees to collaborate and share knowledge, regardless of their work location.
- Scalability: As your company grows, you can add more users to the intranet without investing in additional software. With the Confluence Cloud-based intranet, you can add new users from your Confluence instance with just one click and easily scale it to accommodate your business growth.
- Easy setup: Installing a Confluence Cloud intranet app from the Atlassian Marketplace and syncing it with your Confluence instance (done by the Confluence Admin) is all it takes to get it up and running in minutes.
- Easy navigation: Confluence Cloud intranet solutions retrieve content from your Confluence instance, making it effortless for employees to search for and locate the info they need (a single source of truth in one place).
- Branding: New Confluence Cloud intranet solutions offer branding options that allow you to showcase your corporate identity by featuring your logo and brand colors throughout the app. This helps generate a feeling of cohesion and belonging among employees, which promotes teamwork, collaboration, and mutual support. In turn, this can improve overall performance and productivity and lower the turnover rate.
- Personalization: Atlassian Marketplace Confluence Cloud intranet solutions let you personalize the intranet experience for your employees by targeting user groups based on their user profile data. This feature allows you to provide a truly personalized experience, including a targeted navigation menu and a display of news and updates specific to each user group.
Overall, the Confluence intranet app overcomes the challenges of traditional intranets by providing a modern, dynamic, branded, and personalized cloud-based solution that is easy to maintain, accessible from anywhere, and scalable to meet the needs of growing businesses. In addition to all of that, it can easily be customized to accommodate the unique characteristics of each team, ensuring its success among staff and improving adoption rates.
Cosmos – Intranet for Confluence: Your gateway to enhanced teamwork and knowledge sharing
Building an effective and successful intranet can be a complex and time-consuming task. That’s why Cosmos – Intranet for Confluence app offers a hassle-free solution that lets you set up an engaging communication and collaboration hub in no time.
With dynamic features like Dashboard, User Profiles, People Network, Database, Newsroom, and others, Cosmos meets the demands of both admins and users and enables faster access to information.
Along with its cool and engaging design, it offers a range of branding, customization, and theming options, allowing companies to keep their brand identity and consistency throughout the entire app to create a stronger connection and a sense of belonging.
Numerous benefits come with Cosmos – Intranet for Confluence, including easy setup and installation that doesn’t require any technical expertise. The Cosmos dashboard can easily be integrated into any Confluence page, giving all team members instant access. Because it is personalized and intuitive, all users will find it simple to use, which helps secure intranet adoption. And the best part is that it is FREE, allowing businesses to create a successful intranet without spending extra money.
Time to wrap it up
Whether you’re a small startup or a large corporation, the modern, dynamic, personalized, and Confluence cloud-based Cosmos intranet will be a game changer for your team’s productivity, knowledge sharing, and collaboration.
With the click of a button, you can access your personalized dashboard in the Cosmos app, where you will find a clear and engaging overview of your task, company news, and updates based on your user profile info (position, department, location, interests).
Also, connecting and finding colleagues with the right skills to complete your project is easy with detailed User Profiles and Newsroom features.
And when it comes to efficiency, Cosmos’s has got you covered in that department, too. The Navigation Menu provides quick and easy access to the most important assets, saving you valuable time and minimizing distractions.
Lastly, Cosmos allows you to create an intranet that truly reflects your brand. Inject your corporate identity into the app – add your logo, headers, and brand colors, and make Cosmos your own.
So say goodbye to wasted time and hello to a more streamlined, personalized, and productive teamwork experience with the latest productivity booster coming from Caelor.
- A Complete Guide to Jira Subtasks
- ESM vs. ITSM: Key Differences in Enterprise and IT Service Management
- A Comprehensive Guide to Jira User Stories
- Master Jira Work Management with this Comprehensive Guide
- How To Use Labels in Jira: A Complete Guide
- Jira for Project Management: Level up your Business Activities